Monday, September 01, 2014

John Patton - Cool Hand Fluke Review

According to everything I read, this is 60% virginia blend and 40% perique. The tobacco is mostly a consistent dark brown with a few shreds of golden Va leaf. The tin note is very pleasing, and the sweetness of the Va's really stand out. Surprisingly, the perique is fairly subdued in my mind for a 40% blend.

Charring light left a very sweet taste on my tongue with a hint of pepper. No bite present. 2nd light got it going well, and the perique really started to shine, however, so did the Va's. Even with heavy draw, this blend refused to bite. I slowed it down, and enjoyed the sweetness of the Va's. Some people say they taste raisins, etc. I can see that, but this is more like sweet-grass. It has a cooling effect on the perique that works beautifully. I do get the taste of perique, but it is so well balanced by the virginias, that it leaves you with a ton of flavor and no bite.

It required several relights, as i tried to smoke it low and slow. I have never been one for VaPers, but this is one I will definitely smoke again. The room note is pleasant, but not outstanding. This will make a great summer smoke with that tall glass of ice cold lemonade (or sweet tea if you prefer). It also makes a great blender for bland aro blends as it adds a little spice while keeping the aro sweetness.


I smoked this in a captain black rusticated full bent billiard.

No comments:

Daily Devotional 09-14-2019

Good afternoon, my brothers and sisters, fellow disciples of Jesus. Hebrews 10:19-20 says: So, brothers, we have confidence to use ...