Monday, September 02, 2019

Daily Devotional 09-02-2019


Happy Labor Day! I know some of us are working, and some have the day off. May the Lord's Presence be felt with us no matter where we find ourselves.

This last Saturday, my wife and I went out to eat at an amazing restaurant. While I was there, the Holy Spirit prompted me to tell the waiter, "Jesus loves you, and He thinks you are awesome." I wish I could say that I was obedient, but I wasn't. I wanted to say it, but it was if I was paralyzed. To say I felt guilty is an understatement. But thanks to God's grace, I am forgiven and another chance will be afforded to me.

Why do I share my weakness? Because I want us to understand that our weakness is a chance for God to shine. I am far from perfect, but the Holy Spirit is working on me.

2 Corinthians 12:9
but he told me, “My grace is enough for you, for my power is brought to perfection in weakness.” Therefore, I am very happy to boast about my weaknesses, in order that the Messiah’s power will rest upon me.

It is important to understand that even though we are weak, He is strong. But notice that Paul is sharing his weaknesses. This is so that others will know that when he overcomes them, it is by the power of God and not of himself.

We all have our weaknesses. We should always lift each other up before our Father so that we may all allow God to work through our weaknesses. This is how those who aren't children of God can see that He is real and powerful. Seeing God's power work through our weaknesses increases our faith as well.

May we give our weaknesses to God that He might be glorified through us. May the Holy Spirit prompt us all to let Him work in and through us, strengthening us and turning our weakness into miracles for His Kingdom.

In Jesus's Name, Amen.

- a brother in Jesus

No comments:

Daily Devotional 09-14-2019

Good afternoon, my brothers and sisters, fellow disciples of Jesus. Hebrews 10:19-20 says: So, brothers, we have confidence to use ...