Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Daily Devotional 09-03-2019


Good morning, and a blessed Tuesday to you all. It is another day to bring joy to Jesus, to glorify the Father, and to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

As I shared my weakness yesterday, I want to share that God worked past it yesterday to help me witness to a stranger. It's a small step, but obedience starts with small steps.

Jeremiah 29:12-13 says:
"When you call to me and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly"

This verse speaks for itself, but I want to encourage all of us to seek God wholeheartedly. This means, not just with weekend visits to church, or morning prayers. It means to commit ourselves wholly to seeking Him. Paul says to "Pray without ceasing." Does this mean to be mumbling prayers all day long? No. But it means to be in an attitude of prayer and seeking God's guidance in everything we do. It means that He is the focus of our lives, not ourselves.

Without Jesus, this life is meaningless. Focusing on Him allows our lives to benefit not just ourselves, but others as well.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. Make His face to shine upon you all today.

-a brother in Jesus

No comments:

Daily Devotional 09-14-2019

Good afternoon, my brothers and sisters, fellow disciples of Jesus. Hebrews 10:19-20 says: So, brothers, we have confidence to use ...